In 1999, I wrote two 30-minute instructional videos for owners of the 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class and CL-Class. Because the director was a car shooter, I wound up doing the line direction. During the CL-Class shoot, my art-director partner and I did a spec spot for the CL-Class:
This is a tabloid-size "brand brochure;" I only wrote the headlines.

The headlines and graphics were also used in auto show displays.

A series of retro postcards to announce the M-Class launch.

An invitation to a Mercedes-Benz golf tournament for film-industry people. There were so many responses that it caused problems for the event.

Below, two of the hundreds of Mercedes-Benz brochure spreads I wrote.


I also wrote the launch brochure for the M-Class, the first SUV that Mercedes-Benz marketed in the US. The brochure measured 11 inches by 14 inches, which was an unusually large size at that time.

Four years later, I wrote the launch brochure for the Acura MDX, which was the first SUV that Acura built (as opposed to "rebadged").